About Me

My photo
I am a Mom, Wife and Daughter. Say road trip and I am all ready in the car. I do love to stay home too. I am either reading, sewing, crocheting, doing something with paper or taking care of my family at any given moment.

Thursday, November 26, 2009






I had announced months ago I was not cooking a Thanksgiving dinner. Most people seemed horrified. It has been the best decision I have made for Thanksgiving. No one in my family likes more than two of the traditional menu items anyway. It is an unpleasant menu to make all alone in the kitchen. My youngest daughter works retail. She was at work till three this morning and the store opens at the insane hour of four tomorrow morning so she has slept most of the day. My oldest daughter and her boyfriend have dropped their dog off with me for the afternoon while they go to his families house for dinner. My middle daughter (she is handicapped) has had a wonderful day watching ball games and movies with Daddy. The only ones not happy with the day are the cats.... They hate Sam, the dog. Anyway, I made a pasta salad, mashed potatoes and baked chicken for dinner. There are berries and heavy cream for desert. I think everyone did what they wanted and had a good holiday. I worked in both etsy stores all day and didn't even get dressed! It was too cold and damp to walk. Tomorrow I'll walk (if it isn't snowing) and get the laundry done and probably even get dressed! I hope everyone had the Thanksgiving they wanted this year. We did.

No comments:

Post a Comment