About Me

My photo
I am a Mom, Wife and Daughter. Say road trip and I am all ready in the car. I do love to stay home too. I am either reading, sewing, crocheting, doing something with paper or taking care of my family at any given moment.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Well, yesterday my walk ended up rewarding... It always does on trash day. I picked up a cd something about the shine on a cd makes me know I will be able to do something with it.. I have a stack of them. How they end up on the road with such regularity is beyond me. Anyway, I also found a cheap print in a really nice mat and frame. The glass is broken but that is easy to cut to fit something else and the frame will come in handy as well. I had seen an old battered sled that I was going to throw in the trunk of my car as I left the sub for appointments in town, but sadly (at least it isn't in the landfill though) it was gone as I drove by. I was going to use it as a plant stand in the front window for the potted plants I winter over inside. A few houses down from the missing sled was a stack of encyclopedias in great condition that hadn't been there earlier (I walk really really early). I passed, thinking what would I do with those and what will my husband do with me??? I got a door down and put the car in reverse. I just couldn't let a book go to the landfill. I thought I could donate them to the library or cut them up or fold them for altered art projects. Then I thought how am I going to fit my daughter's (Stephanie) wheel chair in the trunk with all those books? The solution... I asked her teachers while I was picking her up if they wanted a set of encyclopedias for the classroom they were out the door with a wheeled cart faster than I could wheel Stephanie out the door. Good news for the planet and the classroom. Today on my walk I found three beer cans...Not good since they had been thrown from a car... drinking and driving.. I am so not a fan... But the good news is here in Michigan finding three cans is like finding three dimes! All that and I burned a few calories and thought a few thoughts and saw lots of geese and ducks getting ready to head south.

No comments:

Post a Comment