About Me

My photo
I am a Mom, Wife and Daughter. Say road trip and I am all ready in the car. I do love to stay home too. I am either reading, sewing, crocheting, doing something with paper or taking care of my family at any given moment.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Queen Anne's Lace








Growing up in Southern California the only times I saw Queen Anne's Lace was visiting my Grandma in Illinois. My brother and I would pick handfuls for her from the road sides. She would put some in a vase and the rest she would let Dean and I put into jars of food coloring. The color would travel up the stem overnight and in the morning we would have colored lace. I see Queen Anne's Lace along the road where ever I go now that I live in Michigan. It brings back such wonderful memories.

1 comment:

  1. It brings back wonderful memories for me too. We used to cut Queen Anne's Lace and put it in vases of colored water. The stems would drink up the colored water and dye the blooms. :)
    Thanks for sharing.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete