About Me

My photo
I am a Mom, Wife and Daughter. Say road trip and I am all ready in the car. I do love to stay home too. I am either reading, sewing, crocheting, doing something with paper or taking care of my family at any given moment.

Monday, June 24, 2013

Avian Trauma Center



I can not even describe how blazing hot it is today. This poor bird flew into our front window and landed panting in the full sun on the front porch. Gaela and I tried to figure out how to get him out of the sun. First I brought out the small bowl of water and imagine our surprise when the poor guy hopped into the dish. We got out the roasting pan next thinking he'd like something roomier. He preferred the kiddy pool. We held the blanket up for a while until we got overheated and draped it over the porch rail and moved the whole operation over so we could go inside and let him calm down.

Cadillac thought we were having bird stew for dinner....He was most disappointed when the bird flew off......

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that Cadillac didn't get his bird stew, but that bird was very lucky to have such kind folks looking after it and keeping in cool until it recovered!

    ReplyDelete