About Me

My photo
I am a Mom, Wife and Daughter. Say road trip and I am all ready in the car. I do love to stay home too. I am either reading, sewing, crocheting, doing something with paper or taking care of my family at any given moment.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Early Spring is more a sound than sight or smell

This juniper bush is in the "circle" in front of our house. It is FILLED with birds. The flapping and chirping was astonishing!




































The snow melt running to the Huron River

































































As my daughter and I were walking on Wednesday I realized that it was noisy... A wonderful kind of noisy that contrasts to Winter's quiet. There were all sorts of bird noises and the sound of running water from the snow melt. Even the noises of everyday life (can't escape that) are louder without the blanket of snow. The wind was blowing and folks in my neighborhood have started putting out their yard decor and there were many wind chimes tinkling too. Winter is by no means gone here in Michigan but Spring is around the corner... I can hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment